Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Today I flew for 9 and 1/2 hours from Dallas to Madrid, Spain. An hour and a half later, I flew to Tangier, where I'm sleeping tonight. Since I've never been to Europe or Africa, I would say that is definitely a big day. Once again, I find myself asking, "What do I have to offer?" I have come to the conclusion that the answer is nothing. However, God has everything to offer through Christ, and I trust Him to work. In fact, we walked from the hotel to the beach and before we got there someone approached us, and the discussion quickly went to Jesus. Mike then began to share Christ with the man. He was very open and had in fact been kicked out of his family for expressing dissatisfaction with Islam. So, Mike shared Jesus with him, and I bought him a phone card. Not sure what's in store for him, but that experience affirmed that God has everything to offer, and He has already prepared hearts for His truth. Reminds of how Philip popped in the picture at just the right time to encounter an Ethiopian trying to read the Bible. Philip didn't have to save the Ethiopian. He just had to help him read. Maybe we can just help them with their counseling skills. God will do the saving.

Honestly, the language barrier which is a constant bouncing back and forth from Arabic, Spanish, and French is petrifying me right now. I'm feel like I'm in over my head on this one, but my hope rests in God.

Anyway, miss my wife and kids, and I desperately need your prayers. Travel went well, and God is good.

Jim

5 comments:

  1. Praying for you man. Sounds like you are doing good so far. Keep it up.
    Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much! I know that you are in the middle of God's will, and I cannot wait to hear about everything He does over the next few weeks. It was so good to hear your voice today....missing you like crazy. Praying for you constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it there safely...and it sounds like you have been spared from 'ambien-moments' on the flight, but then again you probably dont remember if you were dancing in the isles...I'll have to ask Mike.
    Praying for you - thanks for the update!
    coby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update. God has already been doing a mighty work in your life and through your obedience.

    -Your pal, Greg

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you made it safely. Will be praying for you and also for the people that will be touched by your being there. You may never know the outcome of your words and actions but rest assured that God has a purpose for you being there or it would never have come to pass. May God give you the strength that you need and the people open ears even if they don't understand all that you say. Love ya!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete